Sunday, November 06, 2005

What Am I Doing Here?

Today is a perfect day for me to reflect and ask myself What am I doing here? I haven't received word from my job regarding the E-2 Visa acquisition which has to take place before I can begin working for him. Get a move on, let's get this thing going already! Each day I wait I wonder why I'm here waiting for a job that I don't really want. Each day I wait is a day longer that I'll have to stay in Korea. Today is a day full of doubts and questions and anger: why am I here and what do I want out of my life? If not here then where? If not teaching English then what? If not happy now then when? ... If I knew the answers would I even do anything about it or would I continue to be miserable?

I can't go a few days without having to run to the bathroom anymore - I think I've had enough of the food. The health and beauty options are so limited here - I can't find just basic shampoo and rinse that are free and clear of dyes and perfumes so I bought what they had and my head started breaking out as soon as I started using it - I ran out of what I brought from the states. Fruits are so EXPENSIVE here. Apple = 1,000₩. Orange = 1,000₩. Pack of strawberries = 12,000₩. Honeydew melon = 8,000₩. The horn honking is incessant: day and night. Even when the honker has already made his presence known he honks again and again and then one really long honk to top it off.

I found three gray hairs today.

No comments: