I s&%t you not, the song that you typically hear just as the jockeyed horses come bursting out of the gates at the race track on a kooky cartoon is the same song my school plays in the mornings on campus along with other peppy tunes and announcements equally disruptive to the air’s calmness and tranquility, and my early morning quiet thoughts.
I don’t know the name of the song or I’d surly link this post to a sample of it but I’ve thought of another song that should be a comparable reference point.
Imagine waking up to Flight of the Bumblebee. No, imagine waking up to and showering to Flight of the Bumblebee. No, imagine waking up to and showering to and reading the morning newspaper to and eating breakfast to Flight of the Bumblebee. Insanity. Some songs aren’t meant to be heard until after the morning is well over.
Entering the attractive stately gate at my school and walking along the well manicured landscaping and magnificent trees whose intertwined branches are whispering to each other while the historic Buddhist temple buildings sit quietly watching on, gives me a sense of peace and serenity, which are then mercilessly sliced into pieces with the harsh intrusive speaker vomit.
That inappropriately placed noise does it to me. I can’t help myself from feeling more alert than I want to be feeling at that hour. I can’t help myself from walking with a little more spring in my step than I want to be doing in that place.
I found an alternate route ~ a bus that drops me off at the very back of campus and far away from those speakers. Needless to say I love going to school that way … unless it’s raining, and then of course I hate going to school that way cause it makes me 15 minutes late.
4 comments:
You know, I think a short video clip would illustrate nicely. ;) Plus your school sounds photogenic.
the thought has crossed my mind ~~~
=)
I like the pianist.
watch him do Hungerian Rappsody #2
dad ... did you sit through his 10 minute performance? yeah, me too. it was pretty cool.
=)
Post a Comment