Monday, June 06, 2005

The Word is Out

Today marks the day I officially broke the news of my leaving to my current employer. Response: 110% support. I was so nervous to tell them because I have myself believing that since I do such great work for them that leaving will bring on a devastation yet not known to the business ... okay, okay, I'm really drumming up the dramatics. I ~really~ like working for these two girls. They are super cool bosses (and friends) but what it boils down to is that I have this thing about disappointing people, especially ones I like. It's a theme that has resurfaced time after time in almost all of my relationships from family members to friends, as well as perfect strangers (think: that person I just walked past in the supermarket). Even a perceived disappointment in me can feel crushing. A phrase that constantly plays in my mind is, "Disappointment is as close as around the corner with me." Translation is something like: "Although I worry constantly that you will be disappointed in me the reality is that eventually, you'll be disappointed in me no matter how much I worry, because it is the nature of being unique. And ... oh yeah, what makes me unique? Wait, shouldn't I already know?"

Tune in tomorrow to learn how I made it though the night without the reassurance that everyone in the world in not disappointed in me. ;-)

BTW, here's a pic of my house


No comments: