Wednesday, June 15, 2005

I'm On The Market

This week my house goes on the market and this morning I woke up, all comfy and cozy and rested, and then it hit me - a huge wave of freak out. The lovely 'waking up on my own internal clock' feeling and being so comfortable in my own bed and blankets are only going to last a few more weeks; my days are numbered here. I have my telephone interview with Mr. Kim this Thursday at 10am (his time 11pm, yes Korea is 13 hours ahead of us ESTers). The house goes on the market the same day. Not much has happened when you compare to what will happen, but it's been much of a journey thus far. I've done so much to the house: painting, replacing the wax ring on a leaking toilet, replacing the shower valve cartridge that wasn't delivering any hot water, cleaning every square inch of house, packing away things I want to keep, selling things I do not, paying off my car loan, applying for jobs in Korea, collecting necessary paper for VISA application, and of course, working my 2 part time jobs. Talking with friends and family about this upcoming trip has been a wonderful experience in itself. The support and encouragement has kept the momentum going. Early on, when this plan to go to Korea to teach English was just a little seed in my head I hesitated in telling anyone. I don't know why, because it was the best thing I could have done. It's like the energy I give off about going to Korea comes back to me as new energy. I think that is so cool.

Here is a pic of my (soon to be someone else’s') sterilized kitchen. (I'm way too proud of this house!)

No comments: