Friday, June 27, 2008

dancing shoes

The last time I remember getting ready for a date with excitement and anticipation bubbling up in my stomach ... well, things went wrong and I never even set one foot out the door that night.

It was an anticlimactic conclusion to an elaborate ritual of preparation that began earlier that day. I had showered, saved my legs, scrubbed my feet, cleaned all the nooks and crannies (even under the toenails and in the belly button!), pushed back cuticles, moisturized, flossed, filed the nails, put on the “special occasion” make up, took extra care with my hair … the list really does go on. I haven’t had a reason to make such a fuss since then.

Until last night.

Last night that excited hope of good times to come came flooding back as I again embarked on that elaborate ritual of preparation.

This time it was for a pair of shoes.

As I danced around my room, with very clean feet, in my very first pair of (tailor made) Salsa dancing shoes I had these visions of myself being twirled around the room in a sexy dress and moving to music like it was what I was born to do.

I'm so excited about my upcoming Salsa lessons that it feels like I'm dating my dancing shoes.

I wanted to post a picture of me in my new shoes but after taking 100+ photos, most of which looked borderline pornographic and the rest just plain uninteresting, I decided not to post a photo. They are red, open-toed, 6cm heels (for new learners of salsa) and have a wrap around ankle strap. Here's a photo from the internet of a pair that looks similar to the pair I have.

2 comments:

ßlϋeωãvε said...

You said "nooks and crannies", keke. *smiles*

How do ladies dance in shoes like those without breaking their ankles? Well, you'll be finding out soon.

You must know that we still want to see a picture of you in your new shoes. ;-)

Big Sis said...

PLEASE WRITE A BOOK!