My trip to Korea (2005 - 2009) was a personal journey to discover what life is like on the other side of the world. Stateside now and having found the love of my life, this blog is sure to go quiet for long stretches at a time but may see a sprinkle of disjointed topics, thoughts that pass through my mind, and perhaps bits and pieces of being in love with my husband. Welcome!
Sunday, March 12, 2006
3,000₩ Now Categorized - Entertainment
I finally figured it out. I spent 3,000₩ on a ticket for the Kimchi Field Museum at the COEX, which was very interesting by the way. I learned that kimchi, born in Korea around the 7th century, originally consisted of salted vegetables. It came as a surprise to me to learn that red (chili) pepper, the most popular and widely known ingredient of today's kimchi, was not an original ingredient. In fact, red peppers are not indigenous to Korea. It wasn't until the 16th century, when Portuguese traders coming from Japan introduced red peppers to the Korean peninsula, that kimchi making included ground red pepper powder. Another interesting fact I learned from the Kimchi Field Museum is that Korea exports its kimchi all around the world, with 93% going to Japan and 2.6% going to the US.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I miss your analness.
Love, Amy
PS...have you received anything from me recently? If not, it should arrive hopefully VERY soon!
Sounds like you'd make a good person to have on a quiz team! ;)
Post a Comment