Wednesday, March 05, 2008

thermometer

from Wikipedia: Room temperature (also referred to as ambient temperature) is a common term to denote a certain temperature within enclosed space at which human beings are accustomed. Room temperature is thus often indicated by general human comfort, with the common range of 18°C (64°F) to 23°C (73°F), though climate may acclimatise people to higher or lower temperatures.

I bought a thermometer yesterday.

My room is 13°C (55°F) and it's 11:23am, Tuesday March 4th.

I have sealed my windows for insulation.

I am not using any other form of heating ~ no electric or gas space heater.

There is a progressive use tax in Korea.

Once you use past a certain cap of kilowatts, then the price per kilowatt doubles.

Last month's electricity bill was 700,000 Won.

It's usually around 250,000 Won during the spring, summer and fall.

The electric space heater is now collecting dust.

I wear 3 sweaters, leggings plus pants, a scarf and sit wrapped up in a blanket when I work on my computer in my room.

I workout in my room to raise my body temperature.

The electric blanket which i use at night, stays.

1 comment:

ßlϋeωãvε said...

I feel your cold (14°C here as I type this) and pain at the progressive use tax which must be hard on the elderly trying to stay warm.

Studies have shown that when at rest, about 30-35% of body heat is lost through the head. During exercise, about 19% of heat loss is through the scalp.

So wear a hat!!

At least your laptop will be preferring the colder room temp, with less fan usage.