OMG. So Matt and I went to a party hosted by our building (think block party) and I met the only other whities there: two older guys that worked as civil engineers in some capacity or other (think blah, blah, blah). They live in the apartments. One is married to a Korean (for 28 yrs) and the other is single (from McLean, VA!). Anyway, I was asked by one of them while Matt and I were standing next to each other, "So, is this your son?" I'm thinking "and by son do you mean friend b/c what the hell about Me-and-Matt look like Mother-and-Son?" OMG I'm sure I looked like a PEZ dispenser as I threw my head back far enough to get out the laughter that burst out of my belly. I think I made the guy feel even worse, but c'mon people, since when does short = kid? This wasn't the first time that a stranger assumed Matt was a kid but this WAS the VERY first time (that I know of anyhow) that a stranger assumed Matt was my son! Anyway, for days Matt will have fun asking me to wipe his butt. Ewwww!
Some good news: The institute called yesterday (Saturday = work day around here). Anyway, he didn't leave a message b/c we don't have v-mail set up on the cell phone yet. But this is good news as I figured that he wouldn't call. I'll call him tomorrow.
No comments:
Post a Comment