Friday, October 28, 2005

Cham-Pong

I've added photos of my local area, Yongsan, to Flickr. Tonight I had what I think is called Cham-Pong for dinner. Has noodles in a rich spicy seafood broth containing cabbage and vegetables and various sea foods like squids and shrimps. Click on this photo for more info.


Nothing major happened today. I called the institute to speak with director about teaching English for him but he was "unavailable". I'm going to have to show up with resume in hand for some attention. I want this job since it is so close to where I live. I could walk to work and back or take a bus if it is too cold/wet/snowy.

Speaking of snowy. Today I noticed an unfamiliar container on top of a footbridge that we cross all the time. We opened it. It was filled with bags of rock salt. I guess they are expecting snow/ice. That reminds me, I need to buy winter clothes. That's gonna be a problem for sure. I don't want to spend so much - it's like 50,000₩ or more on a single sweater. I've checked the Wal-Mart equivalent for cheap clothes but they don't have my size. This country does so much damage to my already fragile self-image! They don't even carry my shoe size. Anyway, it's too expensive to be fashionable and keep up with trends. It would be nice to look like a magazine ad but c'mon, is that really a worthy seasonal investment? Nah, so then I just look down at my frumpy and well-worn clothes and say to myself, "This is as good as it's gonna get!" (Am I being too cheap?)

I wanted to go to the grand opening of the National Museum of Korea today but never made it. Maybe tomorrow?

No comments: