Tuesday, July 07, 2009

Random Facts About Me

I complied this list a long time ago; January I guess. It’s a list of random facts about me that I think most people don’t yet know. I’m not sure why I wrote this list 6 months ago or why I’m now putting it into a blog post but today is TmaxDay2009 and all employees have the day off work so that we can attend the public introduction of Tmax Window which doesn’t start until the afternoon. I wanted to spend this morning hiking Namsan but it’s raining so I’ve decided to do this instead.

Random Facts About Me

  • I’m usually the one that motions we should go if we’ve finished our meal and the restaurant is full and new people have come in looking for a place to sit.
  • I have an expensive head: braces, LASIK, Accutane.
  • I used to be addicted to self help books.
  • I don’t like having a group’s attention. I value one-on-one connections.
  • When I was little I dreamed of being a dancer in a chorus line but only recently (last year) started taking dancing lessons for the first time (Ballet, Swing, Lindy Hop, Jitter Bug, Salsa, Tango).
  • I like my job, finally.
  • In 3.5 years time I’ve been to China, Japan, Thailand, Vietnam, Singapore, Hong Kong, North Korea and have had to have more pages added to my passport.
  • I secretly wish What Not To Wear would find me and help me express my underdeveloped fashion potential.
  • I aim to respect myself, show respect for others and have responsibility for my actions.
  • I hate long unfriendly stares; they make me mental.
  • I had my first car for 10 years; my first house for 7.
  • I miss Reece’s Peanut Butter cups. Rolos, 100 Grand, and York Peppermint Patties cannot be found anywhere in Korea.
  • Online companies which do no ship internationally could be making big bucks on me, but they suck instead.
  • I only eat red meat when I have the craving for it, which is about 4 times a year. I crave chicken nearly everyday.
  • I feel slightly self absorbed making this list.
  • Sometimes I have to wear ear plugs to get a proper night’s sleep, and then wake up with throbbing pain in my ears.
  • Friends who put pressure on me to do something get moved off the friends-I-can-count-on list.
  • I like enjoying the arts (orchestras, classical music, live cultural performances, art galleries).
  • I think there is a-whole-nother life of experiences in store for me. Perhaps centered around volunteering and I believe one day the right vehicle for that experience will find me.
  • I’m an internet junkie.
  • I have no tattoos and 3 traffic violations (all different; never got caught breaking the same rule twice!).
  • I’m not sure when I will return to the US permanently and the disappointment that causes friends and family really saddens and burdens me.
  • I have this bizarre feeling (desire?) that my husband will not be an American born citizen. Or maybe it’s that I want to meet my husband while traveling ... ?
  • It means a lot to me that my immediate family members and my brother in law have visited me in Korea.
  • I’m living the life I had imagined having for myself.
  • I used to love roller coaster rides as a child but developed motion sickness and now can’t do them, nor can I be a passenger in a moving vehicle on windy roads, or read on a bus.
  • I remember the day that I found out that my mom loved my dad. I remember the day that I found out that my dad loved my mom.
  • Generally I don’t care about celebrating birthdays and holidays. My parents made them so memorable that I’d like to keep them as wonderful childhood memories.
  • I’ve always liked fruits and veggies, even in college where we had the freedom to eat french fries everyday.
  • I still have and use every day the blanket I had as a baby (though sometimes I question its age and authenticity).
  • I avoid confrontation.
  • I feel a Central European Adventure is in my future. I want to go to Slovenia, where my father’s mother is from.
  • I go to church for several reasons, none have anything to do with religion or believing in a god.
  • I used to work for a professional pet care company as a dog walker and pet sitter.
  • I try to save for my retirement.
  • I’m emotional and sensitive.
  • I need 8 hours of sleep every night to function.
  • It takes me forever to spell hierarchy and itinerary.
  • I live with an 83 year old Korean woman.
  • I think all Louis Vuitton bags are ugly and wouldn't buy one even if it was free.

2 comments:

Mom said...

I wish there I could think of the words to describe the feeling I got when I read this list. Let me try: a humble pride bubbled inside of me resulting in a content giggle... and a BIG FAT SMILE.

ßlϋeωãvε said...

LOL @ the last one. So true - they're so ugly.

Interesting you mention tattoos and traffic violations on the same bullet point. So, what were those violations?!