- Friends and family
- Food labels I can read
- Cake and cake icing
- People I can speak to (at the post office, the bank, the grocery store, etc.)
- A cell phone without Korean (granted the menus are in English here but I can’t count the number of text messages I’ve started writing only to realize half way through that it’s all grabble-digook Korean characters because I didn’t switch to English alphabet mode)
- Cleaner air
- Trees, big beautiful oak trees
- Seeing guys of different shapes and sizes with different hair styles and clothing styles (in Korea guys are cardboard cut-outs of each other: stick-like with short, black, shiny hair and creamy white skin wearing a business suit or a golf shirt and slacks)
- Women’s equality
- Shoe shopping
- Jean shopping
- Goodwill/Salvation Army/Thrift Stores/Yard Sales
- Getting decent hair cuts and a respectable dye job (though paying out the nose for it)
- Being close to home when the smell of spring is in the air
- Drying clothes in a dryer versus line drying
- Ovens
- The independence driving a car provides
- Browsing bookstores
- A man’s right to chose not to smoke or drink (more about this coming in a later post)
- Kohls
My trip to Korea (2005 - 2009) was a personal journey to discover what life is like on the other side of the world. Stateside now and having found the love of my life, this blog is sure to go quiet for long stretches at a time but may see a sprinkle of disjointed topics, thoughts that pass through my mind, and perhaps bits and pieces of being in love with my husband. Welcome!
Monday, April 02, 2007
it's time for a list
What I miss about the US:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment