[ this word was used in a magazine article as well as at the Andy Warhol Museum; I had heard of this but wasn't sure of the spelling. ]
epicurean Devoted to the pursuit of sensual pleasure, especially to the enjoyment of good food and comfort
[ this word was used in a magazine article that was describing restaurant food ]
impute To assign as a characteristic; credit: the gracefulness so often imputed to cats. See Synonyms at attribute.
[ cannot remember where I saw this word ]
Kleptoparasitism or cleptoparasitism (literally, parasitism by theft) is a form of feeding where one animal takes prey from another that has caught, killed, or otherwise prepared, including stored food (as in the case of cuckoo bees, which lay their eggs on the pollen masses made by other bees). Kleptoparasitism is also the 'stealing' nest material or other inanimate objects from one animal by another.
[ this word was used to refer to a bug that I was looking up but now I cannot remember what bug so now I'm thinking that I need to be more diligent in my record keeping if I want to keep track of such details… ]
monolith A large block of stone, especially one used in architecture or sculpture.
[ this word was used in a magazine article describing the booming apartment building in Bundang, South Korea ]
recency Of, belonging to, or occurring at a time immediately before the present.
[ this word was used in a match.com profile referring to his photos; I had never seen recent used like this ]
sardonic Scornfully or cynically mocking. See Synonyms at sarcastic.
[ this word was used in a match.com profile referring to his character ]
skullduggery Crafty deception or trickery or an instance of it.
[ this word my mother used in an email to me ]
No comments:
Post a Comment