Audiation - read about this when I was researching sight-reading
Sight reading - heard about this word from my friend who says that she has this ability
trove - was trying to write "treasure trove" but kept thinking it ended in a "th" sound like this, "throuth"
metasyntactic variable - found out that the common computer dummy variable "foobar" is of this kind - who knew there was a category for these names!
cogitate - this is a word that I came across in the book Travels on the dance floor
concerto - was doing research on orchestras and came to find out the distinction between the two
echidna - my colleague told me about this word, that it's /kind of/ similar to a hedgehog but is not related
![]()
echidna - Kingdom: Animalia, Phylum: Chordata, Class: Mammalia, Order: Monotremata (egg-laying), Family: Tachyglossidae
![]()
hedgehog - Kingdom: Animalia, Phylum: Chordata, Class: Mammalia, Order: Erinaceomorpha, Family: Erinaceidae, Subfamily: Erinaceinae
frangipani - read about this word in the book Travels on the Dance Floor
homily - this is a word that I just simply wasn't sure of the spelling so I added it to my word list
monotreme - this is another word that a colleague mentioned in our discussion of hedgehogs, echidnas, platypus
offal - this is another word that a colleague mentioned in our discussion of hot dogs
quell - this is a word that I didn't remember how to spell so I added it my list
semaphore - this is a word that I came across on my editing of database manuals; this is a common DB term
No comments:
Post a Comment