My trip to Korea (2005 - 2009) was a personal journey to discover what life is like on the other side of the world. Stateside now and having found the love of my life, this blog is sure to go quiet for long stretches at a time but may see a sprinkle of disjointed topics, thoughts that pass through my mind, and perhaps bits and pieces of being in love with my husband. Welcome!
Sunday, June 28, 2009
next time
Recently, my personal time has increased multi-fold and it's like being reunited with my imaginary best friend; my friend who loves to do all the things that I love to do and listens to me think. I’m having a great time. Today we planted seeds, soaked my feet, clipped my toenails, went to church, did Kristin McGee’s Power Yoga, made a salad and salad dressing, watched some Fringe, vacuumed, bought some gifts for family in Insa-dong and wrote this blog post. And again I remember how much I love to take care of myself, just myself; and how much I love to keep house, my house; and how much I love to fill a day with whims, my whims. Not having another to look after is an incredible burden lifted from my shoulders … or perhaps it’s not having that particular ‘another’ to look after which is so liberating. I tried very hard, for reasons I’m not yet entirely sure, to make a successful relationship with someone who, in the end, wasn’t the best match for me, nor was I for him. My inside voice, telling me on day 2 that something was not quite right, was saying the same thing, only louder on day 152. If I learned anything from the last 5 months it is to listen to that inside voice. And now, again, I’m back to me. Holding the thought that one day the right match will happen, when I can be with someone whom I believe in, respect, and admire; someone who wants to love me in the same way.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
you will fnd him - he's looking for you too.
thank you mom. it's consoling to know he's looking for me too. :-)
Post a Comment