Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Time to Reflect

Well today is July 26th, 2006 which means it's been just over one year since I started this blog. That got me thinking about Bahrain (as in, the island country off the coast of Saudi Arabia in the Persian Gulf).

I don't remember her name or even what she looked like but I do remember what she said. She said she lived in Bahrain.

At the time I was working as a dog walker and she was new to the team. We were paired up that day for training purposes. I asked her where she lived prior to moving to Virginia. I assumed Oklahoma or Nebraska or some state in the mid-west. Well it was more like some country in the mid-east. She said she lived in Bahrain. I remember first thinking Where the hell is that? and then feeling in complete awe of her for having lived in another part of the world. I went home that night, tired of being in awe of everyone else and wanting to be in awe of myself for once.

Tonight, nearly a year later, as I sat on the toilet taking a piss, I thought to myself I'm taking a piss in South [bleeping] Korea!

And I realize I've done it - I've awed myself and it feels as good as I imagined it would. And for a second my possibilities seem endless.

3 comments:

Janice said...

jason says...."i always think that when i'm done piss'n"..."the possiblities are endless"..."life is good"..."i can't wait till susie gets back"

janice says..."those really are his thoughts...i've heard 'm say that a time or two"..."i can't wait till susie gets back too!"

we love you soooooooooo much. and we are sooooooooo proud of who you are.

Soo said...

hey jan and jason - you guys are my heroes. i love both of you very much. thank you for always supporting me and giving me strength. i can't wait to be back in the States. but at times, it's going to be very hard on me - i will go through some tough separations issues and i'll feel devastated, but i know with the help of my friends and family that i'll get through it.

Anonymous said...

hey sooooo

where are youuuuuuu

???

just checking in, my fine friend and modern-day Yongsan tour guide. Hope you are well.

xoxoxoxo

Scott